Are you interested in music theory tuition?
Are you prevented from continuing to Grade 6 with your instrument because you have not passed Grade 5 theory?
Would you like one-to-one theory lessons, tailored to suit your ability?
If you answer “yes” to any of the above, then please contact me.
I am a very experienced music theory teacher. 100% of my theory students pass their theory exams. In fact most get distinction, achieving 90% or more.
I am an experienced theory examiner for the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM). I mark papers both from the UK and International centres. I also set exam papers for UK and International exams every year.
Why should you learn Music Theory?
- Music theory will help you to play your instrument well.
- You will learn how to read music fluently and interpret all the signs and symbols.
- You will get good marks in the sight reading and aural sections of your exams.
- You will learn how to notate your own compositions.
- You will learn some music history.
- You will be able to identify different styles of music.
- You will learn to compose and write for orchestral instruments.
- Music theory enhances your general knowledge and appreciation of music.
- A good grasp of music theory is essential for high marks at GCSE and A Level Music.
- You must pass Grade 5 theory before entering Grade 6 and above in any instrument with the Associated Board.
- Grades 6, 7 and 8 are credited with UCAS points for university application.
- Music theory is interesting!
You can study music theory with me in Pinner and still have instrumental lessons with your current teacher.
Click below to contact me for Music Theory Lessons in Pinner.